BreadcrumbsHome / With One Way Out, Tension Is High – A Cat And Mouse Game For iPad
With One Way Out, Tension Is High – A Cat And Mouse Game For iPad
Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 March 2012 01:00 Written by iUseMac Wednesday, 28 March 2012 01:00
Brisbane, Queensland/Australia – Independent developer Nigel Green today announced the immediate availability of his iPad game One Way Out. Supporting the New iPad Retina display, One Way Out version 1.0 releases with 216 levels within 24 different themes.
Playing as the mouse the object of the game is to solve each random maze, but to do this the player must first navigate a way to collect the cheese in order to open the mouse door. Whilst attempting this, a cat is also searching the maze for them. The player must plan ahead as they move because they may find themselves in a dead-end with the cat closing in. If they have some special abilities available they might just be able to use one to escape at the last moment.
Coins and diamonds that are gathered during each level can be spent in a Marketplace on the main screen and also in-between levels. There are currently 24 different items that can be purchased in the Marketplace such as Traps which can delay the cat, Targeted Teleports which are safer than Random Teleports but have a limited range and Smell-O-Vision that lets the player ‘see’ with their nose.
Comprehensive in-game help explains what the special abilities and power-ups do and an integrated music player gives the option to play music from the iTunes Library as they play.
* Supports the New iPad Retina display
* 216 Levels
* 24 Themes
* The Marketplace: Where players can spend the Diamonds and Coins collected within each level
* Detailed in-game help
* An optional music player that plays songs from the “My Top Rated” playlist or the entire iTunes Library if this list is empty
* Three control methods: Motion (using the Accelerometer), One-Handed and Two-Handed. Two-Handed mode also has 3 different configurations to choose from
* Game Center Enabled: The player’s highest level will be displayed in the Game Center Leaderboard
* Turn game sound on/off independently to music
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 29.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
One Way Out 1.0 is available for the introductory price of $0.99 USD (or equivalent in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively on the App Store in the ‘Games/Puzzle’ and ‘Games/Strategy’ categories. For more details and screenshots please visit the Support Website.
Located in Brisbane, Queensland/Australia, Nigel Green is an independent developer of iPhone, iPod touch and iPad Apps. All Material and Software (C) 2012 Nigel Green. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.