BreadcrumbsHome / REAL Studio Developer Jan/Feb Issue Available: Save 80% with OmegaBundle
REAL Studio Developer Jan/Feb Issue Available: Save 80% with OmegaBundle
Last Updated on Thursday, 20 January 2011 12:00 Written by iUseMac Thursday, 20 January 2011 12:00
Lafayette, Oregon – REAL Studio Developer Magazine is pleased to announce that the new January/February (9.2) issue is now available in PDF and print-on-demand formats. RSD is also participating in the fabulous OmegaBundle collection which brings together an entire package of developer tools for 80% off the normal price until January 29, 2011.
This latest issue includes the following feature articles:
* Submitting to the Mac App Store – by Thomas Tempelmann
Curious how to get your app on Apple’s new Mac App Store? Your step-by-step instructions are here!
* Survival of the Fittest – by Johnathan Mercer
How to use genetic programming in REAL Studio to find the best solution to your problem!
* Deploying REAL Studio Web Apps – by Paul Lefebvre
REAL Studio Web Edition is here, but how do you make your Web Apps available to the world?
* Hashing for Security – by JC Cruz
If you don’t know your hashes from hash browns, this in-depth article will bring you up to speed.
* The Fine Art of Beta Testing – by Tam Hanna
Why you should user-test your software and some tips on how to do it.
In our regular columns we’ve got articles on updating Self-Updater, the importance of face time with clients, and SQL’s “Prepared Statements” feature, and much more.
Interested readers may purchase full-color print editions of REAL Studio Developer via the MagCloud fulfillment service. Digital editions in PDF may be purchased directly from the RSD website. Individual PDF issues are $10; annual subscriptions (six issues) are $50.
Also available on the RSD website are printed perfect-bound books of each of the magazine’s first eight years. Each book is over 300 pages and contains over 70 articles and programming tutorials. Volume Eight is available for order now.
REAL Studio Developer Magazine is also a proud participate of the first OmegaBundle, a fabulous collection of developer tools for 80% off the normal $3,200 value. This limited time offer is only good through Macworld Expo 2011!
With the purchase of OmegaBundle, a customer receives the entire back issue catalog of REAL Studio Developer Magazine plus a one year subscription. That’s 55 issues in PDF! (Retail value: $261.)
Omega Bundle 2011 for REAL Studio brings together 10 essential plugins, add-ons and more, including:
* Formatted Text Control: Instantly add word processor capabilities to REAL Studio based applications. Sold separately for $150.00.
* Elastic Window. Provides elegant window resizing in your applications. Sold separately for $195.00.
* Mask-R-Aid. A developer’s tool to generate masks for photo realistic icons. Sold separately for $19.95.
* RB Code Reports. Generates reports on software metrics for your REAL Studio based applications. Sold separately for $24.95.
* Aspen Icon Set. 80 professionally designed, cross platform compatible icons for your applications. Sold separately for $179.00.
* Valentina Office Server Unlimited. Advanced database and reports server based on the ultra fast columnar database engine Valentina. Sold separately for $1499.
* Franklin 3D Game Engine. Easy to use, multi-platform cross-platform 3D engine for games, simulations and 3D apps. Sold Separately for $299.
* MBS Complete. Thousands of new functions that transcend RS limitations. Sold separately for $259.00.
* Valentina ADK for LiveCode. Embedded local ultra fast database for REAL Studio on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Sold separately for $399.00.
This package elevates developers’ REAL Studio programming to a whole new level that will allow developers to produce more polished applications.
REAL Studio, formerly REALbasic, is a full-featured cross-platform software development tool suited to creating a wide range of applications, from utilities to enterprise-class applications. For more information visit REAL Software’s website or call 512.328.7325.
Launched in the summer of 2002, REAL Studio Developer is an independent bimonthly publication focused on instructing users of the REAL Studio development environment and the REALbasic language. Each issue features over 50 pages of quality articles from top REAL Studio programmers and authors. REAL Studio Developer is renown around the world as the premiere source of REAL Studio instruction, tutorials, and programming advice. Copyright 2009-2011 REALbasic Developer. All Rights Reserved. REALbasic, and the REALbasic logo are registered trademarks of REAL Software, Inc.