BreadcrumbsHome / Macware Releases DiskTools Pro 3.6.0
Macware Releases DiskTools Pro 3.6.0
Last Updated on Thursday, 21 January 2010 03:00 Written by iUseMac Thursday, 21 January 2010 03:00
Omaha, NE – Macware, a leading Mac software publisher, announced today version 3.6.0 of DiskTools Pro is now available as a free update to users of its popular Mac utility suite software. The new version supports Mac OS X 10.3.9 and later, including Apple’s new Snow Leopard. Current users can update DiskTools Pro by selecting “Check for Updates Now…” in the Update menu.
“This update is focused almost completely on our goal of continuously improving upon the features of DiskTools Pro, as well as adding new features that can help Mac users better maintain a healthy computer,” said Jason Hogrefe, Product Development Manager for Macware. “Very few Mac utilities out there offer this level of continued product support outside of making their applications compatible with new OS upgrades.”
DiskTools Pro is a total system utility for the Mac, and the only one that allows you to schedule when to perform important tasks such as file defragmentation, backup and bad sector repair in a single, easy-to-use interface. This intuitive software utility also doesn’t require you to boot from a DVD, CD or separate volume in order to find and repair bad sectors, defragment files and perform many other tasks on the startup volume.
The new DiskTools Pro update features major enhancements with the defrag tool, along with other new features and options including:
* Added ability to see which files are Fragmented and which files were unable to be Defragmented (with error code explanation).
* Dramatically improved scanning speed (up to 5 times faster) and significantly reduced overall CPU usage while Checking for and Defragging files.
* You can now quickly cancel defragmenting a file without having to wait until the entire file is completely defragmented.
* Added ability to Export fragmented file report to Apple’s TextEdit, Clipboard and/or to a text file.
* Added ability to Scan and Repair Bad Sectors on hard disk media which is not mounted.
* Added Preference File Inspector. Identify and remove/repair damaged Preference (.plist) files across an entire volume or in a selected folder. New feature includes “Export” options.
* Added “Common MacOS Error Codes” description table as a floating window. This window is accessible via the main Help menu.
* Added: You can now choose to point a broken alias/sym link file to a file/folder within a package.
* Added Last Update Check (Date and Time) to the Main Update menu.
* Added ability to open Volume/Device and Log Information directly in Apple’s TextEdit application. This new Export option allows you to print and/or save your data as a PDF file instantly.
* Added ability to cancel Mounting/Unmounting volumes.
* Added “Inspect All Preference Files on All Volumes” option to Advanced Menu.
* Added ability to drag and drop items from the Finder onto the Archive Selected Items list (in Backup/Restore Volume task).
* Many other minor improvements throughout.
Pricing and Availability:
DiskTools Pro is now available in Office Depot, OfficeMax, Staples, Fry’s Electronics, Micro Center, Apple and other Mac software retailers, or online for an MSRP of $79.99 (USD). More information is available on the Macware website.
Macware develops and publishes award winning intuitive software designed for Mac users. Headquartered in Omaha, the company is committed to the interests of creative Mac users with products available through major retailers in North America, Australia, Europe, the United Kingdom and Japan, as well as on the Internet. For additional information please visit our website.
Tags: Ability, Apple, Australia, bad sector repair, bad sectors, code explanation, defrag tool, defragmented, DiskTools, Europe, file, healthy computer, Inspector. Identify, Japan, Jason Hogrefe, Mac, Mac OS, mac os x, mac utility, Macware, Menu, North America, Omaha, os upgrades, software, startup volume, United Kingdom, update, utility, Volume